Thursday, April 30, 2015
Here are some of my favorite memories from the season . . .
- Cora's first school program. She sang "Up on the Housetop" with her PreK class. We heard it about a gajillion times before the actual show, she was SO excited! Beyond precious.
I also got a kick out of the adorable ornament that she made at school.
- Decorating the Frozen castle gingerbread house
- This sweet baby's first Christmas
- Going to look at lights in pjs
- Santa! Evelyn would not get anywhere close to him. After the visit, we decided to further terrorize her by going to the Rainforest Cafe. Horrible parents.
- Before we started our travels, we celebrated at home by throwing a birthday party for Jesus, complete with homemade pizza and cupcakes.
- Santa came to our house the next morning. This year it was all about princesses and horses. A wooden castle, princess figures, little plastic horses, princess nightgowns and slippers. Such joy!
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
In the beginning of December we took a trip to Denver with Joe, Casey and Madeleine to visit Eli.
She is currently working towards getting her Masters Degree in Theology at the Augustine Institute.
First flight with three kiddos. We were very prepared. I had it all planned out and I knew it would go smoothly. First step, Michael was going to drop me off with the bags and babies, and I would wait for him to go park with the two littles strapped down in the double stroller. Everything under control. He pulled out the stroller, and behold, it was missing a wheel. I quickly consumed my slice of humble pie and moved on to the non-existent plan b. But it was ok, we somehow quickly made it to security, only to find out that we didn't have the right documentation for the lap children. We went back to the ticketing counter, and got that all sorted out only to come back to an incredibly long line at security that had formed in our absence.
This little one was super angry, and super hungry.
Next step, the flight. We found an empty row in the very back and got all set up to hunker down with our little family of 5 to make it work all together. All was peachy until we were informed that we could not have two lap children in one row and we would need to split up. Oh shoot. Caroline and I moved across the way and we all got through it.
Sleeping baby, do. not. move. a. muscle.
It was exhausting, but we made it!
When we go there we met up with Elizabeth and got to tour her school. We are SO proud of this girl and the special way in which she is dedicating her life to Christ and furthering His kingdom.
We spent the rest of our trip visiting nearby ski villages enjoying the scenery, snow, good food and great company!! Colorado is absolutely breath-taking. The beauty of the mountains stir my soul and leave me in absolute awe of our Creator. I think Cora feels the same way...
I think Evelyn does not...
And Caroline just looks super cute all bundled up!!
Do you wanna build a snowmaaaaaaan....
Way more interested in snacks than snowmen, or snow in general . . .
Day 2 . . .
Still LOVING the snow . . .
Still hating it . . .
Until next time, CO.