Monday, April 18, 2011

One Month


Our sweet baby girl is one month old, and what a month it has been!  I can't even image life without Cora.  Having a baby is everything we dreamed it would be and more!  She is so amazing, even when she is pooping everywhere and spitting up all over us.   We have put her through a lot already and she has been such a trooper.  We have given her the tour of Texas and she has slept right through most of it.  

At her latest doctors appointment she weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 23 inches long.  That puts her in the 93rd percentile for length!  She has already grown out of some newborn onesies and she can't really straighten her legs in most footy pajamas.  We have already started a bag of hand me downs for her little cousin Julia :(    I have such mixed emotions about her growing up.  It makes me so sad that she is getting big so fast, but on the other hand, she has more personality every single day which has been so fun to see.  All part of being a parent I guess!  But she has blessed our lives in more ways than I can count!  

I'll turn it over to Cora so she can let you know more about her . . .

Likes
Sleeping on my daddy's chest, its my favorite spot.
Snuggling with mommy in my rocking chair
Being held AT ALL TIMES, especially by my grandparents.
Playing with my aunts and uncles.
Stretching out my long legs.
Watching TV
My pacifier 
Sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed
Eating, eating and eating
Taking baths (except at the end when it gets really cold)
Traveling in my car seat, I do this a lot!
Going to church
Listening to music, my favorite singers are mommy and daddy


Dislikes
Sleeping in my bassinet 
Sleeping anywhere but mommy and daddy's bed, AKA my bed
Having a dirty diaper
Having my diaper changed
Tummy time
The medicine I have to take for my baby heartburn
Slamming doors and coughs, they always wake me up!











We are super excited for Cora's first Easter!  We will be traveling back home and can't wait to spend time with our families.

5 comments:

  1. You forgot to add baby crack to likes list..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECKY!! She is absolutely GORGEOUS. Holy moly. in love. Cannot wait to meet her!! Heard about the CS move...you know what that meeeeans!! I'll be seeing y'all come August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little tiny daughter-in-law, we must chat about your height. See, Charlie is currently in the 75th percentile for height...and we must not make him feel short! So...skip a growth spurt or two and then we will be all good. :)

    Becky and Michael, she is just beautiful. It is so wonderful to hear that you are having such a great time being parents! We can't wait to meet the precious little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky,
    She is beautiful!! I can't believe she is already a month old. Enjoy the time
    with her. They grow up way too fast. Miss talking to you.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete