Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

This is by far my favorite secular holiday!!  I LOVE all things patriotic and I am so thankful for the people who work so hard to defend and fight for our country.  This year we celebrated by renting a house down in Galveston on the canals in Jamaica Beach.  I had never been down there before, and it certainly did not disappoint.  But the best part of the weekend was spending time with the people I love.  My family is so great, and I feel so blessed that they are also my best friends!

The 4th of July is a very special holiday for Michael and I.  Two years ago, we started dating on the 4th and last year we announced to my family that we were expecting Cora.  We didn't anticipate any big event happening this year, but we were wrong.  We heard the most amazing sound in the world for the first time this weekend, our little girl's precious laugh!!!  We have been waiting and waiting for its arrival, and it was well worth the wait!  It is the most ridiculous high pitched squeal.  I will try to upload the video later, it is so hilarious.  I look forward to our home being filled with little girl giggles!  

Here are some of the pics from our wonderful weekend.  


Joe and Casey came down for Friday night

 Love my family :)

 It was great to have so much time with Abigail!


 She loved the beach!


 We stopped to take some pics downtown after Mass, Cora loves daddy kisses!







 These two were a riot together, Abigail gave Cora tons of kisses

 and squeezes


 Sitting with Aunt Tara

 What a face

 Beach photo shoot in the lovely outfit Krissy made for her

 It left a little bit of glitter





 Godmommy and Goddaughter 





We have a short week here in College Station, then we will be back on the road Thursday for the annual Fernandez family coast trip!!



No comments:

Post a Comment