Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Birthday: Eli

Happy birthday to my sweet, sweet sister!!!  The big 2-1!!


It was so much fun to go back and look at all of our pictures!  All the way back to these days . . .



Most of the pictures I have are of you, me, and Casey.  I remember how excited I was to get to know both of you when Michael and I first started dating.  You and Casey already had an awesome thing going, and I was just dying to be a part of it.  It is better than I could have ever imagined.  I can't explain how much I cherish our sisterhood.


Elizabeth has been recently self-diagnosed with "don't want to miss out-itis."  Its serious.  Even though we laugh about it, I really do love this about her.  She is SO in love with her family.  She is dedicated to nurturing her relationship with every single member.  She truly understands the value of family and never takes it for granted.  



Another thing I really love about Eli, or "Ay-Beth" as Cora calls her, is her introspective nature.  She is constantly trying to better herself.  For anyone who knows her, it seems crazy because she is already such an amazing person.  But she is on an un-ending journey to search her soul and most importantly, what God is asking of her.  She has a true awareness that she is created for a specific purpose.


This girl has a great desire for wanting to making other people feel special.  It is often expressed through baking. 


What I admire most about Elizabeth are her unwavering morals.  She stays so strong in what she believes.  I wish we could go back in time so she could teach young me a few lessons.  It is a rarity to know someone who is so pure of heart.    


I hope our little Cora Rose will pick this up from Elizabeth Rose.  



I am beyond THRILLED for Evelyn that she gets to have Elizabeth as a godmother.  I feel so blessed to have her as a role model for both of my girls.  Michael and I always talk about how we hope our little ladies will follow in their aunt's faithful footsteps.  

We hope you have the happiest of days, Elizabeth!! Can't wait to celebrate with you tonight!!



No comments:

Post a Comment