Sunday, December 9, 2012

Happy Birthday: Joe




Happy, happy birthday to the one, the only, Joseph Pawelek.  


In the beginning of our relationship, Michael lived in Austin and I lived in Dallas, so Waco was often our meeting point.  We also spent almost every weekend following Baylor around to watch Joe.  One of the first things I noticed about him was that he seemed to be friends with EVERYBODY.  In the years since, this hasn't changed.  He treats everyone like they are his good friend.  And I mean everyone.  Whether its our waiter at a restaurant or someone at the drive through window, he is not afraid to joke around and give someone a hard time like they are his brother or sister right of the bat.  


I can't write about Joe without mentioning his many gifts.  Not only is he very smart, he is also super athletic and a very accomplished football player.  I was always proud to watch him from the stands.  But the really impressive part is that as soon as he got off the field, you would never know.  He is so humble and grateful for everything that God has given him.

                                      

I know I have said this before, but I cannot express how much his relationship with Casey impacted me.  I am still learning so much from them as a couple.  They are the most amazing example of what God intended marriage to be.  


But mostly, Joe is a giant goofball.  He has had us all laughing to the point of tears many times.  He is such a joy to be around.



I also love Joe for the best friend that he is to Michael.  Michael is one of Joe's biggest fans and he is so thankful to have him.  Sometimes we will just be sitting around and he will randomly say, "Man, I really miss Joe."  We always wish we could spend more time with these two. 


What I admire most about Joe is his easy-going attitude.  He is laid back in a way that always puts things into perspective.  To me, it always seems like he has a true inner-knowledge of what is really important.  He has a strong trust in God's plan for his life so he is really able to "let go and let God."  The only time I have seen him really get mad is when Michael is intending to get under his skin about some sort of sports issue or another.   


It is for all of these reasons and many, many more that we feel honored to have him as Cora's godfather.    



I know that being Casey and Joe Joe will always be a highlight for Cora as she is growing up.  They absolutely love her to pieces and she has the best time with them.  They are always going out of their way to get a smile out of her.  


What a special relationship these two will have.



We love you so much, Joe Joe.  We hope you have a wonderful 26th year!! 

1 comment: