Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy Birthday: Tara and Sawyer!!

                                               

Happy Birthday to two of my most favorites girls!

                       
I have been extremely blessed to have this little lady as my older sister.  She is everything that a big sister should be.  She is nurturing and caring, always the first person to bring a meal or gift to make someone feel special.  She has so many long lasting friendships because of the way she values the people in her life.


Even though Tara is one of my best friends, we are complete opposites.  I think that is what makes our relationship so special.  Maybe not so much when we were both in middle school, but it certainly works now!  She can always offer a perspective that I don't see.  I cherish our long conversations. 


I love that when I look back at my life, Tara has been a part of everything that I have done.  Whether it was my stellar Barney audition video, awkward middle school phases or numerous dance performances she was always there.  She may have been on the side rolling her eyes at my ridiculousness at times, but her support was steadfast.  We moved almost every year for 8 years when we were younger so we were always together!  I am so thankful that we got to grow up that way.


Even though she is generally pretty serious, she for sure has a silly side!  Its not something that most people get to see, but I'm glad I am one of them!


But that seriousness has been put to good use!  She is a major smarty pants and is very successful!  I have always admired her work ethic and dedication to her career.  I am so proud.  


And of course, if you have ever read her blog you know how grateful I am to have her help in the kitchen! 

It is awesome that our husbands are great friends too.  We had always hoped that would be the case when we were younger.  The first night I ever really hung out with Michael (which also happened to be her bachelorette party) she asked Michael what kind of trips he liked to go on to make sure that we could all have fun on vacation together after we were married.  Good thing it worked out!  


But mostly I just like Tara for bringing this amazing little creature into the world . . .


Tara is the dictionary definition of a good mom.  I love to watch her and Sawyer together.  She just loves that little "squeaker" with everything that she has.  


I can't believe Sawyer is already a year old!! I absolutely LOVE being her aunt!!  She has the sweetest personality.  Michael and I have found so much joy in being her aunt and uncle. 


This picture may not show it, but I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.



I love you SO much, Boening girls.  And Tara, as always, "More than words."













No comments:

Post a Comment