Thursday, February 28, 2013

Beauty

I don't know what came over the little people in this household on Monday, but it was scary.  The day was a vicious cycle of temper tantrums, crying and a complete lack of productivity on my part.  I threw a personal pity party and felt utterly defeated.  At the end of the night I pushed the giant pile of clothes off of my bed and threw in the towel.  I woke up in the same funk the next morning as I was greeted by the overflowing dirty dishes in the sink.  I am such a visual person that sometimes something as insignificant as a messy kitchen can completely throw me off.  I sat at the counter and opened my Magnificat in hopes of finding the pick-me-up that I needed to jump start my day.  As I poured my coffee and started to settle into the beautiful scripture, I was interrupted by a complete ragamuffin requesting my help in her search for "magic beans."  I begrudgingly followed her to the refrigerator and this image stopped my in my tracks.  I had to grab my camera.


Something about the combination of shirtlessness, diaper butt, and having to stand on tip toes to reach the drawer really got to me.  It was exactly what I needed.  I decided to look at the day through a new set of eyes.  To use my camera to look for the beauty in these slow and simple days at home with my babies.  It was wonderful.  And the magic beans ended up being cheese slices. 

quintessential cora










I ended the day with a full heart, giving thanks for these little darlings.  


   

3 comments:

  1. this is what photo shoots should look like... real life. so pretty becky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate!! That definitely means a lot coming from a talent such as yourself!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, Becky. I really wish I could stop fretting all day and take time to enjoy the kids and their messes.

    ReplyDelete