Friday, May 17, 2013

John 17:24

"Father, they are your gift to me." John 17:24



"Jesus' words call me to a new way of looking at the people in my life...They are the father's gift to me. All of them."  -Sister Anne Elizabeth Sweet 



This Gospel and reflection got me thinking about Mother's Day and all of the moms in my life.  Each of these women has made countless silent sacrifices.  They have carried prayers and anxieties in their heart that will go with them to their grave.  Motherhood is seemingly common and ordinary.  It can easily be taken for granted.  But to me, these women are heroic.  They have all shaped me in one way or another through their constant love.  They are indeed God's beautiful gift to me.  I can only hope to be the same to my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment