Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cora's First Sacrament

Last Saturday we celebrated Cora's baptism!  It was a day I had dreamed about since I found out I was pregnant and it was absolutely perfect.  We had the ceremony in Sealy at Father Eric's church and the reception at Tara's house.  It was so nice of her and Barry to open up their home to us once again!  It was such a special day, and the best way I can explain it is through the following zillion pictures (thank you to Casey for being such a fab photographer)  . . .

Her Godparents, Kristin and Joe got her dressed in her beautiful baptismal gown that my grandma bought for her!  It was such a sweet moment to see them get her all ready.




Joe did a great job tying the bow!

The finished product . . .



Proud parents before the ceremony . . . 


Father Eric did a wonderful job as usual.  The baptism was everything I had hoped it would be and more, it was so emotional to see our little baby girl becoming a member of the Church in front of all our family and friends  . .  .





Speaking of family and friends, we were truly amazed to see how many people made the trip down to Houston to support us, and on Mother's Day weekend!! We feel SO blessed to have so many people that care about us and Cora so much . . .







Our good friends Claire and Daniel came down from Dallas with their adorable son Charlie, AKA Cora's boyfriend and future husband . . .



The reception was such a blast! We had so much fun just hanging around with everyone celebrating our little bundle of joy! What a wonderful day :)



Cake made by Kristin and Jeff!



AND, another bit of exciting news, Kristin and Jeff told me that I am going to have the honor of being the Godmother for their little girl Julia!!! I am OVER THE MOON about it!!! They left me a sweet card from Julia that they said I was supposed to open on Mothers Day, but of course I opened it shortly after they left! I can't wait until she gets here! I guess that means that her and Cora will be cousins, bffs and Godsisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment