Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday!

The objective of the lesson for my religious ed class this week was "God made all people."  The kids were supposed to think of all the people that they know and then thank God for them.  This seemingly simple concept made me realize that I do a terrible job of showing appreciation for all of the people that God has put in my life.  In an effort to improve, I plan on reflecting upon some of the relationships that I have by writing about certain people on their birthday.  Today just so happens to be my sister-in-law, Casey's 24th birthday!  


But I can't talk about Casey without mentioning Joe.  The first time I ever really hung out with them was when Michael and I first started dating.  Seeing Joe and Casey together made me realize that that was exactly what I was looking for in a relationship.  Casey taught me so much about how to be a good girlfriend and now wife.  And for that I am eternally grateful.  


We really got to know each other during Joe's last football season at Baylor.  We had so much fun road tripping, tailgating and chatting in the stands.  


I will never forget the night I asked Casey to be my bridesmaid.  She was so excited that she starting crying, it was the sweetest thing.  


I love Casey because she does cool and creative stuff like this . . .




 She has such a giving heart.  She worked SO hard on all the little details for my rose-themed baby shower.  It was obvious that a lot of thought and love went into everything.  She always gives the most thoughtful and beautiful gifts.


Plus she is a lot of fun to goof around with.  


And of course she is a wonderful aunt to Cora.  I hope that Casey's fun and youthful spirit rubs off on her.




We have only been sisters for a relatively short time.  But the great thing about being in-laws is that we are stuck together forever!  I look forward to many years of watching our families grow and change.  I feel so blessed to have a sister-in-law that I can also call a friend.  LOVE you, Case!  






1 comment: