Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cora: 18 Month Update


Happy year and a half, baby girl!  Goodness gracious, you are so funny.  


You may be the world's pickiest eater and sleeping is certainly not your strong suit, but I spend half of every day just laughing all the things you say and do.  


You are also incredibly sweet.  I love the way you get SO excited in the evenings when your dad and I are both home.  Over and over you just say, "mommy and dada, mommy and dada, mommy and dada"

 

We spend a lot of time cuddling in the bed in your room.  You will say, "hand?" grab our hands, and pull us over there.  You can't pull the blankets up yet so you say "hap be, hap be, hap be" (help me) about a million times at super speed until we get you all covered up.  Then you let out a big sigh and say, "nigh, nigh."  You will put an arm around each of our necks and then make the most hilarious sounds to pretend you are sleeping.  Then you jump up and yell, "wake up, wake up, wake up!!"  Repeat 30 times.  


You LOVE milk.  Or as you call it, "my milk."  You ask for it about 50 times a day.  You will walk up to me with your little puppy dog eyes and say, "my milk peez mommy."  Unfortunately your doctor put you on a milk restriction, so i often have to say no.  


You are obsessed with all things Mickey, Pirates and Pocahontas.  Or as you would say in your fantastic little voice, "key, pireez and Poca-honas."  Whenever they come on you say, "look mommy, keeeeeey!!!" or "wow mommy, pireeez."  


You say "mommy" after almost everything you say to me.  It is outstanding.  When you wake up in the morning (usually in our bed) you say, "Oh, hi mommy."  I am about as far away as you can get from being a morning person, but this brings an instant smile to my face.  

You know what it sounds like when your daddy gets home and nothing makes you more excited.  When you hear the garage door, you run from wherever you are in the house screaming "dada home."

                                       

You are really big on puppies.  I often find you carrying around several of your stuffed puppies and you have recently starting feeding them your snacks and water.  Real puppies are a different story.  We take frequent trips to the puppy store and you are way more fond of the ones behind the glass than any one that we bring out for you to play with.  

                                         

But Lori is in her own category because for some reason, to you, she is a horse.  Whenever you see a horse you say, "Ree, Ree."  And if I ask you what Lori says you always say, "neigh."  I don't know. 


Your hair has gotten SO long and I am just dying to style it.  But this is the closest you have ever let me get.  It lasted about 6 seconds and I'm pretty sure your dad did it.  Much to my dismay, you are very good at saying, "no bow." 


Your number one most requested activity is "Ca-ree and kers."  Coloring and stickers.  


You love to play with your friends.  You aren't the best at sharing as of yet, but you mean well.  


I just love being with you.  My favorite part of the day is when I get to rock you to sleep for your nap.  You are so sweet and cuddly.  Sometimes it seems like forever that I just sit there holding you and staring at your perfect little face as you fall asleep.  I know that these moments have an expiration date so I try to treasure every second.  Of course today you cried for an hour until you  finally fell asleep, buuuut usually its heaven.  At least you always keep me guessing!  


There is a line from one of your favorite books right now that says it all,  "I love all that you will be, and everything you are."




*Thank you to Brie (PeePee) for all of the fantastic pictures!!


















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I'm going to "steal" that quote :) HUGS to you all!

    ReplyDelete