Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Birthday: John

Happy Day, Johnny Boy!!


I wish I could remember why you are wearing my boots in this picture.  


There is so much that amazes me about John.  I have loved getting to watch him grow up since I have been around.  I have always been so proud to be associated with him.  


He is such a stand-up guy.  Of course all of the Pawelek brothers have this quality, but John is definitely a person all his own.  He has a gentle yet strong spirit, if that makes any sense.  Growing up as the youngest of five gives you a thick skin.  But John has this toughness paired with a wonderful sensitivity.   


I always admire the way he handles his friendships.  I am constantly amazed at the level of care he gives to his peers.  Of course I mostly just hear these stories from Judy, but he has such a nurturing way with all of the people he has relationships with.  He is a natural-born leader.  

                         

I especially love the relationship he has with Elizabeth.  Those two really are the best of friends.  I adore my sisters, but growing up I always wondered what it would be like to have a brother.  Their's is the type of brother-sister relationship that I dreamed of.   


When thinking about this post, I asked Michael what his favorite quality is about John.  He quickly responded, "I think its pretty cool for someone as young as he is to have such a strong faith."  I absolutely agree.  Michael and I always talk about how impressed we are with John.  He is an inspiration to both of us.  He has a spiritual maturity that is unheard of.  


Even though he is a complete goofball, he has a wiseness about him.  He is incredibly introspective. 

And what could be sweeter than this . . .



I can't wait to see how the relationship between these two will unfold.  


John is so much younger than us so I know that Cora will of course always hold him to a higher esteem than her old parents that don't know what they are talking about.  I am so grateful.  I know that he will always lead her in the right direction.  

You are so special to us, John.  And now that I do have many brothers, I am over the moon that you are one of them.  We couldn't love you any more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment