Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Birthday: Dave

Happy happy birthday to my amazing brother-in-law!! 


David was absolutely instrumental in getting Michael and I together.  The summer that we started dating, these two were just inseparable.  He was right by Michael's side every time we would "spontaneously" hang out.  We have so many hilarious memories from that summer that are so special to me!  


But with the end of summer, so came the end of getting to see Dave all the time as he headed back to the Colorado School of Mines.  We all miss David SO much when he has to go back so it is always extra special when we get to be with him.  


One thing I love about David is his spirit.  He is so. much. fun.  He lights up every room that he is in and is great at lifting people up.   


He is just one of those people that you always want to be around.  



But the thing I admire most about Dave is the heart that he has for his family.  He gets crazy excited every time we can all be together.  It genuinely makes him so happy.  It can be easy to take family for granted, but Dave is always reminding us just how great we have it.


It has been awesome to see this love of family translate into his roll as an uncle.  Cora was born during his spring break so it was a special treat that he was able to be there when she was born (maybe that was the real reason for her being a zillion days late).  I will never forget how upset he got when he had to leave her and go back to school later that week.  It brings tears to my eyes even now just thinking about it.  I think that was one of the first times that I realized how loved my daughter truly is by her family and how that love will form her and keep her comforted throughout her life.  


We have already asked Dave to be the godfather to our next little baby and of course he accepted whole-heartedly.  We feel so honored to have his example of faith and love for our children.  


Love you, Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment