Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Birthday: PeePee

Happy, happy birthday to our dearest Gabrielle, who goes by so many other names.  Brie, BrieBrie, BB, Cheese, Barf Bag, and our most recent and my personal favorite, PeePee (thank you, Cora).



We knew that the youngest member of the Fernandi clan was trouble from the day she was sent to the principal's office for fighting in elementary school.  But it was only because someone said something bad about her sister.  And in true Gabrielle fashion, she would NOT stand for that.  I wish I had even an ounce of her courage.  She is not afraid to stand up for what is right no matter what.  She is small but mighty.  I can't wait to see how she changes this world, because I know that she will not leave it without making a huge impact.  Thats just how she rolls.

To say that she is "quirky" would be an extreme understatement.  We all made fun of her when this is all she wanted for Christmas one year . . .


Yesterday I heard this quote by G.K. Chesterton, "Dead things go with the stream.  Only a living thing can go against it."  That's Brie.  So full of life and unafraid to be her own person.  She is anything but ordinary.  I hope my girls pick that up from her. 


But underneath it all, she is really just a sweetheart.  She feels so deeply for other people and has a heart that is constantly looking to be of service to others.  


Its a funny thing to have a sister that is so much younger than Tara and I.  In fact, I can remember that in my first confession, the only sin that I had to confess as an 8 year old was that my older sister and I always fought over who would get to hold our little sister.  And even though over the years we have probably "mothered" her more than she would have liked, or too often treated her like our "annoying little sister" she is really the key member of our little wolf pack.  



She is one of my best friends in the world.  I love our deep conversations, mutual love for old trinkets, english man voices and feasts that are composed of entirely too much cheese.  




I am so unbelievably proud of her.  I amazed at her success here at A&M.  She is doing so great and has been working so hard to achieve her goals.  We love being able to live so close to her!  The girls are so blessed to have her around. She goes out of her way to make them feel special.  I find comfort in the face that they will always have her to lean on as they grow up.  




And to demonstrate how much she is really loved by Cora, one of my favorite videos of all time . . . 




Happy Birthday, Gabrielle Blair.  We hope you have an outstanding 19th year!!


(This marks the end of my year o' birthday posts.  It has left me more appreciative than ever of all the amazing people that God has put in my life.  I am eternally grateful.)















No comments:

Post a Comment