Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Two Months




Little Miss Cora Rose is two months old!!  As a first time mom who is learning everything as I go along, I can say that the second month was much smoother.  I feel like Michael and I are getting the hang of this whole being parents thing.  That is probably good since Michael says that he just can't get over how cute she is and wants at least 18 more.  Yup, we are just a shocking reality show waiting to happen.  I am gaining a lot more confidence as a mom.  Some days I even manage to clean the apartment and do the dishes/laundry, a huge accomplishment in my book at the moment!  

But enough about mommy stuff, I will move on to the real star of the show!  She is growing like a weed!! We haven't been to the doctor yet so I don't have her official stats, but I will next week.  Sleeping is going much better.  She sleeps in her bassinet for at least 5 to 6 hour stretches, wakes up to eat, and then usually goes back down for another three hours.  She isn't very consistent, sometimes she sleeps 7 hours, and there are still nights that she eats every three hours.  This last trip she even slept through the night in her pack n play, a huge milestone! 

 She naps a lot during the day in her bouncy chair that she is borrowing from Abigail.  We usually wrap her up in the super soft quilt that her Grams and Pops gave her . . .


It is nice to be able to put her down and  have some time to get things done around the apartment while she sleeps, but my heart still skips a beat with excitement every time I see her little eyes peeking out when she is ready to wake up . . . 


And when she is awake she is SO. MUCH. FUN!  Her smile is to die for! And now she smiles as a reaction to us, not just as a reaction to the gas bubbles in her tummy.  It is incredible to be able to really interact with her!  Just look at this little heart melter . . . 


She has many delightful facial expressions . . . 




And some that are not so delightful, but still marvelous . . .


I live for precious moments like this one . . .
I don't know where I would be without these two.


Also this month, Cora threw her first temper tantrum!  We were on our way home from San Antonio, I was driving and Michael was in the back seat with Cora.  Usually she NEVER cries in the car and sleeps the whole time, but boy oh boy was this trip different.  Just as we were approaching Bastrop, the little princess decided that she did not care to be in her car seat anymore.  She looked Michael straight in the eye and started screaming.  Not crying, screaming.  She would scream until she let all her air out, stop, and then do it again, all the while staring Michael down.  We had never heard her make such sounds!  I was crying because she sounded so desperate, but I was also laughing because she was so determined.  It was devastating slash hilarious.  We pulled over and I fed her and all was well.  I think we have a strong willed little lady on our hands.  And now here she is to fill you in on the world from her point of view . . .

Likes
When mommy and daddy put a blanket over my hands, its hilarious
Lights and fans, they are awesome
Baths, they are oh so relaxing
Toddler Tunes radio station on Pandora (much better than mommy and daddy singing)
My play mat
Eating, eating, and eating
Bedtime Stories
Being Catholic, church is so much more fun now
When mommy and daddy say "OOOOOOHHHHH"
Riding in the car, most of the time 

Dislikes
People coughing or shutting doors
Being cold
Being tired
When my dirty diaper isn't changed immediately

1 comment:

  1. Becky, She is so beautiful. I am glad to hear that you are adjusting to mommy hood. It can be rough. I always tell people that ask me if it is hard to have 3 kids, No...I think going from 0 to 1 is the hardest. Anyways, I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete