Friday, July 22, 2011

Four Months


This month has been all about growing for our little girl.  We went to the doctor yesterday and she weighs 14.9 pounds (70th percentile) and she is 26 inches long (95th percentile!!).  She is wearing 3-6 or 6 month clothes and is now in size 2 diapers.  


She smiles all the time, but her giggles are few and far between.  I guess she has a very specific sense of humor!  She always smiles back at us and it is the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!  I just love observing her little personality.  She tends to be very timid about trying new things, it is so precious.   

She has recently fallen in love with cups.   Whenever I am holding her and I try to take a sip of water, she grabs the top of the glass and pulls it towards her.  She puts everything straight into her mouth.  It is funny to see her reaction to different textures of things, she is quite expressive!  


Her regular night sleep routine that I reported at three months is no more.  All of her growing this month really messed her up.  I thought by four months we would have a regular sleep schedule down. HAH.  I have wrestled a lot with whether to put her on a schedule or not, but at this point I feel like it is best just to take cues from her and follow her lead because I cannot stand it when she cries.  I may change my view point in the months to come, but as for right now I am a great big chicken and I just do whatever makes her happy.  And no shocker here, but Michael feels the same way.  

Last weeks she transitioned from her bassinet to her crib which was a big deal for us!  She sleeps so much better in there.  We waited until the very last minute and she was WAY too big for the bassinet (we have issues with letting go).  We even moved her crib into our room because we are SO not ready for her to be in her own room yet!  I have always heard that the hardest part of being a parent is letting go, and I have for sure found that to be true!  I just want to savor every moment of her precious little life because it goes by so quickly.  Look how much she has already grown in only four short months. . .



She is the greatest blessing.  Sometimes we still can't believe she is ours.  What a privilege it is to be her parents.  

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable Becky! I can't believe how big she is getting. I hope to meet her soon at an Aggie football game! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to kiss those full little cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete