Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Birthday: Dad!


Happy Happy Birthday, Dad!!  

GBFIII has so many qualities that I admire.  He is so fun-loving!  Of course HE loves to have a good time, but even more than that, his priority is always making sure that everyone else is having an even better time.  If you know him, you know that he is a master entertainer!  So welcoming and hospitable to anyone and everyone that crosses his path.  


He is so thoughtful and generous.  Always thinking of others and showing his appreciation for them.  I remember after he helped my buy my car, he gave me gifts to give every single person at the dealership that helped us during the process.  That is something I would never even think of.  

He is especially giving when it comes to anything A&M.  Every single home game he and my mom put hours of work into tailgating for anybody who wants to come by.  And he is always offering tickets for people to go into the game with him.  Even Cora.


My dad would do just about anything for his friends, but even more for his family.  Every year we take a trip down to the coast with a huge group.  My dad spends most of his time making sure that everything is all set up on the beach, which is no small task.  I'm sure he takes care of a whole list of things for this trip that I am not even aware of.  And he does it all with a smile on his face, never complaining.  



He is such a hard worker.  You will rarely find him getting any kind of rest on the weekends.  He is always working on something.  


One of my favorite memories with him was of course my wedding day.  It was so special to have him walk me down the aisle.  

We were both giggle-crying all the way down.  But he didn't so much give me away, as he did take on a son.  I love the relationship that he has with Michael.   


And our dance was just priceless.  So perfect, I will never forget it.  


Another special memory, watching him become an Abuelo to Cora.  While we were in the hospital, he was there every second manage just to hold and stare at her.  My heart just about melted onto the floor when my big strong dad brought in a fuzzy pink bear for his little granddaughter. She will learn so much from him.





Dad, I love you so much and am honored to be your daughter!  Can't wait to celebrate with you tomorrow!


1 comment: