Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy Birthay, Judy (and Mike!)

 

Last Saturday we celebrated Judy's birthday, and Mike's back in April.  But I totally missed his on here, so I thought I would just appreciate them together, especially since yesterday was their 31st wedding anniversary.  So this doubles as happy birthday(s) and anniversary!!

 I'm sure they won't mind being lumped into the same post because these two really love being together.  They work as a team and genuinely enjoy each other's company.  Their marriage is such an inspiration to us.  Especially the way they share their faith.  Mike is currently going through the Deaconate, and of course, Judy is right there by his side every step of the way.  On top of that, they are involved in several other ministries TOGETHER.  I just absolutely love that about them.  They begin each morning by sitting on a little couch in their formal living room, right next to each other, praying together.  I love being included in this when we are there, it so special.  I hope Michael and I are doing the exact same thing 30 years from now.  


                             

I could never thank them enough for raising my husband to become the man that he is today.  I know that he is a great person in his own right, but not without the years of nurturing and guidance by his mom and dad.  I am also grateful because I know that their wisdom has rubbed off onto his own parenting skills.

They are both SO incredibly generous and have helped us out in countless ways throughout our marriage.  Every single time Judy comes to visit she cleans, does my laundry and goes grocery shopping for us.  I never ask her to do any of that, it is just second nature to her.  They both have such beautiful serving hearts that I am always learning from.  




But maybe the thing I love most about them is that they are AMAZING grandparents to Cora.  Seriously.  They are obsessed to say the least. This picture above was taken when we all went down to the beach last year.  Mike (Pops) literally inhaled his meal at Whataburger so he could hold her the whole time.  And on Judy (Grams) birthday, she had the time of her life shopping for Cora, not herself.  I would venture to say that is one of her favorite past times. Cora is so blessed to have such dedicated grandparents to guide her.


 

We love you both so much! Happy Birthdays, we look forward to celebrating many more with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment